Monday, March 14, 2011

To Die for Blueberry Muffins

These muffins really ARE to die for.  I got the recipe from a friend ages ago, and now I don't make any other blueberry muffins, because they just don't compare.  I didn't know where SHE got the recipe, so I googled it and found it on AllRecipes.com.  I have tweaked the recipe a little to fill a 12 cup muffin pan.

To Die For Blueberry Muffins

To Die For Blueberry Muffins
Makes 12 oversized muffins

3 cups flour
3/4 cups Splenda blend (double amount to use regular sugar)
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp +  1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup oil
2/3 cup milk
2 eggs
2 cups blueberries (the small, wild variety work best; the large, cultivated variety are okay, but just not as good)

Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400.  Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.  Mix in eggs, oil and milk. Fold in blueberries.  Fill greased muffin cups (not paper liners) right to the top and sprinkle with topping. Bake 20-25 minutes until done.

For topping: Mix all ingredients with a pastry blender until crumbly.

These muffins are A-MAZ-ING.  I make them for brunches all the time and they are always the first things to go.  Sometimes, I don't even get one!

No comments:

Post a Comment